Get Windows 8 Pro for $14.99
Microsoft Windows 8 Upgrade Offer:
- Buy a qualified Windows 7 PC between June 2, 2012 and January 31, 2013
- Register for the offer
- Redeem your promo code to receive the $14.99 upgrade
If you buy a qualified Windows 7 PC between June 2, 2012 and January 31, 2013, you can purchase a download of Windows 8 Pro for 14.99.
1. If you’re ready to take the plunge and upgrade to Windows 8, start here:
2. Enter your information and your Windows 7 PC purchase information (Just an FYI, some people have reported that if you pick a date close to June 2, you will be asked for your current Windows 7 key, but if you pick a date within the past couple months, you won’t be prompted)
3. You should then receive an email with a promo code that you will use to get a discount when you purchase the upgrade. Follow the instructions in the email.
The email will instruct you to run the Windows Upgrade Assistant and Microsoft will scan your PC to see if it is ready for Windows 8 and then provide a compatibility report and optional steps for you to buy, download, and install Windows 8.
Once you get to the purchase screen, it will show the full price. However, on the order confirmation page you’ll have a chance to enter your promo code – then the price will change to your Windows Upgrade Offer promotional price after clicking apply. See Program Information and FAQ links for full offer details.
Should You Upgrade to Windows 8?
Are you wondering whether or not it’s worth the upgrade to Windows 8? There’s a pretty good review here. The most notable differences are the visually striking start menu and the ability to install tablet-like apps.
My favorite features so far are the improvements to file navigation in Windows Explorer that add toolbar and navigation shortcuts in a similar fashion to those in Microsoft Office 2010. I know it’s kind of boring, but I get excited about being able to better manage my overabundance of files.
If you have questions about Windows 8 or need some computer advice, give us a call.